- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 whole garlic bulb, peeled and minced
- 15 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- Hot cooked multigrain pasta
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, zucchini, carrots, peppers, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in mushrooms; cook 10 minutes longer or just until mushrooms are tender.
- Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews for Mushroom Primavera Pasta Sauce
Sort By :
This dish is so full of flavor! A family favorite after the fist time I made it!
I had most of the veggies in our garden. Great way to use those extra tomatoes and zucchini. I used garlic powder instead of a whole bulb but it wasn't enough flavor so I added oregano and basil. Turned out great.
I would love to make this I was wondering if the whole bulb of garlic was used?
Even my veggie hating husband loves it :D Served over Garden Delight Pasta for an extra flavor :)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >