This meatless meal has plenty of mushrooms and vegetables in a rich tomato sauce. Serve over whole wheat pasta for an added nutritional punch. —Cindy Adams, Tracy, California
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 whole garlic bulb, peeled and minced
- 15 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- Hot cooked multigrain pasta
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, zucchini, carrots, peppers, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in mushrooms; cook 10 minutes longer or just until mushrooms are tender.
- Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Mushroom Primavera Pasta Sauce in Taste of Home August/September 2010, p39
Reviews for Mushroom Primavera Pasta Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review