Mushroom Potato Soup Recipe
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 5 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute leeks and carrots in 3 tablespoons butter for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the broth, potatoes, dill, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining butter for 4-6 minutes or until tender. Discard bay leaf from soup. Stir in mushroom mixture.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine flour and cream until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Mushroom Potato Soup
"My family LOVED this soup. First weekend in October - yum! Lots of dicing, especially since we doubled the recipe, but completely worth it. Thank you!"
"I make soups for my husband to take to work. He LOVED this soup! I will definitely make it again."
"Family ate until they hurt. Cheesy buiscuts on the side are great."
"No adjustments needed. Absolutely amazing as is!!! Simple enough to make to boot!"