Mushroom Pot Roast Recipe
Mushroom lovers will tingle with excitement when they see this tender, slow-cooked roast. My recipe calls for a 1/2-pound of fresh sliced mushrooms along with onion, garlic and other seasonings and ingredients.
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1. Sprinkle beef with garlic powder and pepper. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown meat in oil on all sides. Add the water, onion, celery, garlic, bouillon and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 2. Add mushrooms. Cover and simmer 30 minutes longer or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaves. Thicken cooking liquid if desired; serve with beef. Yield: 8-10 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 272 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Pot Roast
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2013
"This is sooooo good!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC