Mushroom Pork Recipe
Seasoned with garlic, marjoram and a bit of lemon juice, this tender pork entree comes together easily...you can even make the mouthwatering gravy in the same skillet.—Kathleen Mackey, Waterville, Quebec.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min. YIELD:3 servings
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Rub pork on all sides with garlic; sprinkle with paprika. In a large skillet, brown the pork in butter. Add the mushrooms, lemon juice, marjoram, salt and pepper. Turn meat to coat with seasonings. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Remove meat and keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour and cold water until smooth; stir into the pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice the pork; serve with gravy and rice. Yield: 3 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC