Seasoned with garlic, marjoram and a bit of lemon juice, this tender pork entree comes together easily...you can even make the mouthwatering gravy in the same skillet.—Kathleen Mackey, Waterville, Quebec.
3 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- Rub pork on all sides with garlic; sprinkle with paprika. In a large
- skillet, brown the pork in butter. Add the mushrooms, lemon juice,
- marjoram, salt and pepper. Turn meat to coat with seasonings.
- Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- 160° and juices run clear. Remove meat and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and cold water until smooth; stir
- into the pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until thickened. Slice the pork; serve with gravy and rice.
- Yield: 3 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a