- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- Rub pork on all sides with garlic; sprinkle with paprika. In a large skillet, brown the pork in butter. Add the mushrooms, lemon juice, marjoram, salt and pepper. Turn meat to coat with seasonings. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Remove meat and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and cold water until smooth; stir into the pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice the pork; serve with gravy and rice. Yield: 3 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mushroom Pork
Sort By :
"Easy to make, even on a work night. Good basic flavors that no one at your table should object to. I also used garlic powder instead of fresh like another reviewer. Make the seasonings adjustments you need to so it's just right for your family. I had to double the recipe to feed a family of 5, 3 of whom are guys!"
"This was alright but not really amazing. I served it over potatoes and the family sort of picked at it. When I asked my husband what he thought he said it was good but they'd been spoiled by better recipes. I think I agree with him."
"Great taste. I use some pork loin so I ended up having to slice it to finish cooking it but it was moist and tender."
"a favorite for my husband!"
"I've made this dish more times than I can count and it's absolutely delicious! The only modification I made was that I used garlic powder instead of fresh garlic, since I didn't have fresh garlic on hand. Just sprinkled the garlic powder on the meat and rubbed it in, along with the paprika. Yum, yum! The final results couldn't be more tasty!! It's easy to prepare and doesn't take long to cook. I highly recommend this dish. My only complaint is that I'm so disorganized, every time I want to prepare this delicious dish, I can never find the recipe and have to look it up on this website. My bad!"