Mushroom Pork Scallopini Recipe
Tender pork has fantastic flavor when coated with a buttery sauce seasoned with garlic and herbs. This serves a lot, so I make it often for company. —Carol Ebner, Fort Dodge, Iowa
- 3 to 4 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each), cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried thyme, oregano and rosemary, crushed
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Hot cooked fettuccine
- 1. Dredge pork slices in flour. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil. Brown pork on both sides in batches; remove and keep warm. Stir in the wine, water, onion, garlic and seasonings into drippings. Return pork to skillet, layering if necessary. Top with mushrooms.
- 2. Cover and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with fettuccine. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC