Mushroom Pork Scallopini Recipe
- 3 to 4 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each), cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried thyme, oregano and rosemary, crushed
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Hot cooked fettuccine
- Dredge pork slices in flour. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil. Brown pork on both sides in batches; remove and keep warm. Stir in the wine, water, onion, garlic and seasonings into drippings. Return pork to skillet, layering if necessary. Top with mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with fettuccine. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mushroom Pork Scallopini(7)
Sort By :
Turned out very well using rice. Broth was really tasty!!
Delicious & easy.
This is very tasty. The pork needs to be seasoned with salt before its dredged in the flour. I also added a little paprika to the flour for color. Instead of cooking it on top of the stove, I put it in the oven at 350 for the 15-20 minutes. This is excellent the next day.
I got this recipe from my mom, shr has made it for years. Its great because its simple to make, is inexpensive and taste so good its perfect for company