Mushroom Pork Ragout Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried savory
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sliced onion
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- 1. Rub pork with salt and pepper; cut in half. In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the cornstarch, 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and savory. Top with mushrooms, onion and pork. Pour remaining tomatoes over pork. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat and cut into slices. Stir cooking juices until smooth; serve with pork and noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
5 ounces cooked pork and 3/4 cup gravy with 3/4 cup noodles equals 360 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.