Mushroom Polenta Appetizers Recipe
- 2 tubes (1 pound each) polenta, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place polenta on greased baking sheets; brush with oil. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and shallot in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the wine, parsley and thyme; cook and stir until liquid is evaporated. Add cream; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in cheese.
- 3. Top each slice of polenta with a rounded tablespoon of mushroom mixture. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 75 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Polenta Appetizers
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.