Mushroom Pizza Loaf Recipe
“This recipe came from my Grandma," says Amanda Wiersema in Archer, Iowa. "It was always a favorite of mine as I was growing up and has now become a favorite with my husband and two kids!”
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup Italian tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, mushrooms, paprika, garlic salt, oregano and pepper.
- 2. Unroll pizza dough onto a greased baking sheet; roll into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spoon meat mixture down the center of rectangle; sprinkle with cheeses.
- 3. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips about 2-1/2 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling. Pinch ends to seal. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 372 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 1,020 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC