Mushroom Pizza Casserole
You'll get big smiles all around when you put this cheesy, beefy pasta bake on the dinner table. Kids and adults alike enjoy the fantastic pizza taste.—Judie Heiderscheit, Holy Cross, Iowa
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked wagon wheels or pasta of your choice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, mushrooms, olives,
- Italian seasoning and salt. Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with
- cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated
- through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 335 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 522 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a