You'll get big smiles all around when you put this cheesy, beefy pasta bake on the dinner table. Kids and adults alike enjoy the fantastic pizza taste.—Judie Heiderscheit, Holy Cross, Iowa
- 8 ounces uncooked wagon wheels or pasta of your choice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, mushrooms, olives, Italian seasoning and salt. Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Casserole in Country Woman January/February 2005, p35
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mushroom Pizza Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review