Mushroom Pizza Casserole Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked wagon wheels or pasta of your choice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, mushrooms, olives, Italian seasoning and salt. Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mushroom Pizza Casserole(1)
Sort By :
I could tell that this would be bland, so I decided to spice it up for my husband and me. I added a large chopped jalapeno pepper and sauteed it with the onion. I used fresh mushrooms and sauteed them with the jalapeno and onion. I increased the Italian seasoning to a tablespoon and eliminated the salt. My husband gave it a 10! It was great and was not hot -- more like on a medium-to-mild scale of spiciness. The longer you cook the jalapeno pepper, the milder it gets.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >