- 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup julienned green pepper
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 6 green onions, sliced
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 3 tablespoons soy sauce and pepper; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30-60 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and remaining soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the garlic and ginger in 2 teaspoons oil for 1 minute. Add the beef; stir-fry for 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove beef and keep warm.
- Stir-fry the peppers in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes longer or until peppers are crisp-tender. Stir broth mixture and add to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return beef to pan; add tomatoes and onions. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mushroom Pepper Steak
Sort By :
I was looking for some diabetic friendly recipes to use at work. This recipe was definitely a hit with my husband and me! I can't wait to make it for the residents!
It's so pretty! Tasty too.
very good! didn't change a thing and we all liked it!
The only thing I did different was add 2 tbs of brown sugar and with the fresh gingerroot I added grounded ginger. This recipe is delicious, I will add it to my recipe box. I served with marinade cumcumbers and onions. For desert I used an instant pudding and the left over rice making a rice pudding. The entire dinner was less then 1/2 hr cooking.
This is really yummy! I don't use the tomatoes or mushrooms in mine, but I add sugar snap peas and saute with the peppers. I also increase the ginger to 1 tsp. Super easy to make.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >