- stir-fry 2 minutes longer or until peppers are crisp-tender. Stir
- broth mixture and add to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return beef to pan; add
- tomatoes and onions. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups beef mixture (calculated without rice) equals 241 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 841 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.