Mushroom Pepper Omelet Recipe
Here’s a hearty, home-style omelet for two that’s ready in a jiffy and will keep you satisfied all morning long. —Diana Howard, Ava, Illinois
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onions, mushrooms and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat.
- 3. Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 4. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon vegetable mixture on one side and sprinkle with cheeses; fold other side over filling. Cut in half. Yield: 2 servings.
1 piece: 392 calories, 32g fat (17g saturated fat), 586mg cholesterol, 1009mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Pepper Omelet
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2011
"Family loved this recipe!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC