Mushroom Pepper Omelet Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onions, mushrooms and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat.
- 3. Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 4. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon vegetable mixture on one side and sprinkle with cheeses; fold other side over filling. Cut in half. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 omelet(calculated without optional ingredients) equals 392 calories, 32 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 586 mg cholesterol, 1,009 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Pepper Omelet
"Family loved this recipe!"
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.