Here’s a hearty, home-style omelet for two that’s ready in a jiffy and will keep you satisfied all morning long. —Diana Howard, Ava, Illinois
Recommended: 37 Easy Breakfast Ideas with 5 Ingredients or Less
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onions, mushrooms and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat.
- Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon vegetable mixture on one side and sprinkle with cheeses; fold other side over filling. Cut in half. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Pepper Omelet in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p43
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Mushroom Pepper Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2011
"Family loved this recipe!"