Mushroom Pasta Recipe
After trying something similar in a restaurant, Virginia Trent created this creamy, three-mushroom pasta entree at home. “The first time I served it, my husband couldn’t stop raving about it.”—Virginia Trent, Dayton, New Jersey
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 6 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 pound baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces fresh oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons sherry or additional broth
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook portobello mushrooms in butter and oil for 3 minutes. Add oyster mushrooms and onions; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until mushrooms are almost tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Add broth. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Combine flour and half-and-half until smooth; stir into skillet. Add sherry. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Drain the pasta and stir into mushroom mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup equals 224 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC