Mushroom Pasta Pilaf Recipe
This simmered side dish is an excellent complement to Mom's shish kabobs or any beef main dish. Tiny pieces of pasta pick up bold seasoning from mushrooms, onions and Worcestershire sauce. It makes a delightful change of pace.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked ring, orzo or other small pasta
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat cover and simmer for 2 minutes or until the pasta is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 136 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 744 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC