Mushroom Pasta Pilaf Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked ring, orzo or other small pasta
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- Dash pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat cover and simmer for 2 minutes or until the pasta is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Mushroom Pasta Pilaf
Sort By :
"I have made this recipe a number of times and it is always a hit. I prefer to use the ring shaped pasta although it is sometimes hard to find in my area. This recipe is on my list of favourites!"
"This side dish is excellent. Great flavor. I did not have a can of consomme on hand. I used 10 1/2 more ounces of water with beef bouillon. I used freshly sliced mushrooms adding them to the skillet with the onion to saute. I recommend this recipe as it was easy, affordable and abundant. Lots of praise from the family with this one."