This simmered side dish is an excellent complement to Mom's shish kabobs or any beef main dish. Tiny pieces of pasta pick up bold seasoning from mushrooms, onions and Worcestershire sauce. It makes a delightful change of pace.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked ring, orzo or other small pasta
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- Dash pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat cover and simmer for 2 minutes or until the pasta is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Pasta Pilaf in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p35
Reviews for Mushroom Pasta Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review