- 6 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces fresh oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons sherry or additional broth
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in butter and oil for 1 minute. Add portobello mushrooms; cook for 3 minutes. Add oyster mushrooms and onions; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until mushrooms are almost tender.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Combine the flour and half-and-half until smooth; stir into skillet. Add sherry or additional broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain the pasta and stir into mushroom mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMushroom Pasta Medley
"This was kind of bland. It's needs more seasoning or something."