- 6 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces fresh oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons sherry or additional broth
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in butter and oil for 1 minute. Add portobello mushrooms; cook for 3 minutes. Add oyster mushrooms and onions; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until mushrooms are almost tender.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Combine the flour and half-and-half until smooth; stir into skillet. Add sherry or additional broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain the pasta and stir into mushroom mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Pasta Medley in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p56
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mushroom Pasta Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2010
"This was kind of bland. It's needs more seasoning or something."