- 2-1/2 cups uncooked mostaccioli
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 to 8 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Brown mushrooms in drippings; remove to paper towels. Drain drippings from pan.
- Add the cream, butter, parsley, garlic, pepper sauce and salt if desired to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Drain mostaccioli; add to cream mixture. Stir in the bacon, mushrooms and cheese; heat through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mushroom Pasta Carbonara
Sort By :
"Terrific recipe but it needs the addition of some fresh basil, rosemary or tarragon. I also use fat free 1/2 and 1/2 with some chicken broth. I liked someone's idea for using kielbasa. And, it is not carbonara without bacon. That flavor and texture is essential. : )"
"pretty good would make again but make a little more sauce it was a little dry"
"This was a huge hit at our house. My husband said he'd eat it every night. I used seasoned grated parmesan - basil & sun-dried tomato - instead of plain parmesan."
"I left out the bacon, but still, I didn't think this was very tasty. I wasn't digging the intense onion-y flavor and besides that it was kinda plain. Don't think I'll make it again. (It was very easy to make though!)"