Mushroom Pasta Carbonara Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked mostaccioli
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 to 8 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1. Cook mostaccioli according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Brown mushrooms in drippings; remove to paper towels. Drain drippings from pan.
- 3. Add the cream, butter, parsley, garlic, pepper sauce and salt if desired to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Drain mostaccioli; add to cream mixture. Stir in the bacon, mushrooms and cheese; heat through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups (calculated without salt) equals 632 calories, 43 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 731 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.