- 2-1/2 cups uncooked mostaccioli
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 to 8 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Brown mushrooms in drippings; remove to paper towels. Drain drippings from pan.
- Add the cream, butter, parsley, garlic, pepper sauce and salt if desired to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Drain mostaccioli; add to cream mixture. Stir in the bacon, mushrooms and cheese; heat through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mushroom Pasta Carbonara
"Make this all the time. Big family favorite!"
"Terrific recipe but it needs the addition of some fresh basil, rosemary or tarragon. I also use fat free 1/2 and 1/2 with some chicken broth. I liked someone's idea for using kielbasa. And, it is not carbonara without bacon. That flavor and texture is essential. : )"
"pretty good would make again but make a little more sauce it was a little dry"
"This was a huge hit at our house. My husband said he'd eat it every night. I used seasoned grated parmesan - basil & sun-dried tomato - instead of plain parmesan."