- 2-1/2 cups uncooked mostaccioli
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 to 8 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Brown mushrooms in drippings; remove to paper towels. Drain drippings from pan.
- Add the cream, butter, parsley, garlic, pepper sauce and salt if desired to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Drain mostaccioli; add to cream mixture. Stir in the bacon, mushrooms and cheese; heat through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mushroom Pasta Carbonara
Sort By :
"This is more of an alfredo than a carbonara. The whole point of a carbonara is the delicious egg and cheese sauce. Where are the eggs in this sauce???"
"This was a huge hit at our house. My husband said he'd eat it every night. I used seasoned grated parmesan - basil & sun-dried tomato - instead of plain parmesan."
"I left out the bacon, but still, I didn't think this was very tasty. I wasn't digging the intense onion-y flavor and besides that it was kinda plain. Don't think I'll make it again. (It was very easy to make though!)"
"My wife and I both loved this. The only thing we changed was to use fresh baby Bella mushrooms instead of jarred. Mmmmmmmm.........."