Mushroom Pasta Carbonara Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked mostaccioli
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 to 8 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Brown mushrooms in drippings; remove to paper towels. Drain drippings from pan.
- Add the cream, butter, parsley, garlic, pepper sauce and salt if desired to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Drain mostaccioli; add to cream mixture. Stir in the bacon, mushrooms and cheese; heat through. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mushroom Pasta Carbonara(53)
Sort By :
Made this tonight. Absolutely delicious. Didn't make any changes other than using entire box of penne pasta and added a bit more cream, butter, garlic, and cheese. Next time, I will try it with fat free half and half and less butter to make it a little more healthy. This would be good with grilled chicken as many others suggest. Restaurant quality taste in my opinion.
very good pasta, I made one change I used sliced fresh mushrooms instead just because I prefer their flavor in pastas and I had some I wanted to use
This was amazing! The only sounds we heard while eating was "mmmmmmm"!
This is more like alfredo with bacon. Carbonara is made with bacon, eggs and parmesan cheese. Even if this tastes wonderful, like alfredo does, it's NOT the same as carbonara.
My son made this for supper and it is divine! Bursting with flavour! It's now added to our regular dinner favorites! Awesome!