Mushroom Party Puffs
"If you like mushrooms," assures Patricia Kile from Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, "you'll love this appetizer! As soon as I tasted it for the first time at a friend's house, I had to get the recipe." Not on the rich sidebut full cheese and seasoningsthe puffs are satisfying by themselves or as accompaniments to other dishes.
12-15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 36 medium fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 egg whites
- Remove and discard mushroom stems. In a skillet, saute mushroom caps
- in butter. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, cheese, mustard, parsley
- and onion powder. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into mayonnaise
- mixture. Spoon into mushroom caps. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or
- until golden brown. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 172 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.