Mushroom Party Puffs Recipe
"If you like mushrooms," assures Patricia Kile from Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, "you'll love this appetizer! As soon as I tasted it for the first time at a friend's house, I had to get the recipe." Not on the rich side—but full cheese and seasonings—the puffs are satisfying by themselves or as accompaniments to other dishes.
- 36 medium fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 egg whites
- Remove and discard mushroom stems. In a skillet, saute mushroom caps in butter. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, cheese, mustard, parsley and onion powder. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into mayonnaise mixture. Spoon into mushroom caps. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Party Puffs in Country Woman July/August 1999, p10
Reviews for Mushroom Party Puffs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 25, 2010
These are wonderful. They are very easy to prepare. I have made them for several years and always get rave reviews! They are great as an appetizer or a wonderful side dish.