Mushroom Panzanella Recipe
My variation on Italian bread salad pairs nicely with grilled or roasted meats. It offers a sensational blend of tastes and textures.—Jennifer Beckman, Falls Church, Virginia
- 4 cups cubed sourdough bread
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound sliced fresh assorted mushrooms (such as shiitake, oyster and cremini)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, combine bread, 2 tablespoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Combine mushrooms, 2 tablespoons oil, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt; transfer to a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, honey and remaining oil and salt. Add arugula, tomatoes, pine nuts, raisins, toasted bread and mushrooms; toss to coat. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 210 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Mushroom Panzanella
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC