Mushroom Oven Rice Recipe
When I was growing up, my dad, brother and I couldn't wait to get to the table when Mom was serving this delicious rice dish. With lots of fresh mushrooms and celery stirred in, it tastes so good you're sure to want seconds! -Cindy Kufeldt, Orlando, Florida
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the rice in butter for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Add celery and onion; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until the celery is tender.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Stir in the broth, water, soy sauce and parsley. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 196 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 523 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Oven Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC