- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- In a large skillet, saute the rice in butter for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Add celery and onion; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until the celery is tender.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Stir in the broth, water, soy sauce and parsley. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mushroom Oven Rice
Sort By :
"I have been making this dish for several years now, and it is not only delicious, but convenient, as it bakes at the same time and oven temp as many of my chicken recipes. A household favorite."
"I loved this! I made it with brown rice and dry minced onion and it tastes like a wild rice medley. Yum!! Will definitely be using this often as a side dish recipe."
"It was so good! The kids, the men, the women, all loved it."
"This is awesome. We've also added leftover cooked chicken to make it a main course. So easy and so delicious."