Mushroom Oven Rice Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- In a large skillet, saute the rice in butter for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Add celery and onion; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until the celery is tender.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Stir in the broth, water, soy sauce and parsley. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mushroom Oven Rice(6)
Sort By :
I loved this! I made it with brown rice and dry minced onion and it tastes like a wild rice medley. Yum!! Will definitely be using this often as a side dish recipe.
It was so good! The kids, the men, the women, all loved it.
This is awesome. We've also added leftover cooked chicken to make it a main course. So easy and so delicious.
This is my "go to" rice dish for company. It always tastes great, is easy to prepare, and compliments just about any type of meat or fish. The fresh mushrooms are yummy, but I have used canned mushrooms when in a hurry. I've also left them out for picky grandkids. Delicious! I highly recommend it!