Mushroom Oven Omelet Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1. In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender; drain. In a bowl, combine the flour, eggs, milk and pepper until smooth. Stir in 1 cup cheese, bacon and mushrooms. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 401 calories, 29 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 392 mg cholesterol, 868 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.