Mushroom Oven Omelet
If you're looking for an entree that can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner, try this recipe from Barbara Nowakowski of North Tonawanda, New York. Her versatile egg bake picks up flavor from cheese, mushrooms and bacon.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender; drain. In
- a bowl, combine the flour, eggs, milk and pepper until smooth. Stir
- in 1 cup cheese, bacon and mushrooms. Pour into a greased 8-in.
- square baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are
- completely set. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 401 calories, 29 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 392 mg cholesterol, 868 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.