Mushroom Oven Omelet Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1. In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender; drain. In a bowl, combine the flour, eggs, milk and pepper until smooth. Stir in 1 cup cheese, bacon and mushrooms. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 401 calories, 29g fat (16g saturated fat), 392mg cholesterol, 868mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Oven Omelet
"I've made this omelet several times now. Quick, Easy, Delicious. Instead of bacon, I add about a cup of diced ham. Wonderful!! Unable to click on stars since no stars appeared, but would rate this a definite *10*."
"I have made this recipe a number of times and we always enjoy it. Quick and easy! I just tried making this gluten-free by using gluten-free all-purpose flour instead of regular. It turned out fine. It's excellent with baby bella mushrooms -- very flavorful!"
"This is an excellent recipe that my whole family loves! Even my picky kids will eat it!!"
"When making - put in two different dishes one with mushrooms and one with out mushrooms"
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.