Joan Nichols of Sarnia, Ontario suggest Mushroom-Orange Chop as a small main dish that's big on flavor. "The marmalade in the sauce gives the moist pork chop a tasty tang I really enjoy," she remarks.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 butterfly pork chop (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels, optional
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork chop in oil on both sides.
- Continue cooking until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°,
- about 6 minutes. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute
- onions, mushrooms and garlic until tender. Add marmalade and soy
- sauce; cook and stir until heated through. Pour over chop. Sprinkle
- with sunflower kernels if desired. Yield: 1 serving.