Joan Nichols of Sarnia, Ontario suggest Mushroom-Orange Chop as a small main dish that's big on flavor. "The marmalade in the sauce gives the moist pork chop a tasty tang I really enjoy," she remarks.
Recommended: 42 Slow Cooker Recipes Prepped in 15 Minutes
- 1 butterfly pork chop (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels, optional
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork chop in oil on both sides. Continue cooking until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°, about 6 minutes. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onions, mushrooms and garlic until tender. Add marmalade and soy sauce; cook and stir until heated through. Pour over chop. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Mushroom-Orange Chop in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p10
Reviews for Mushroom-Orange Chop
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2012
"So delicious and so quick!"