Joan Nichols of Sarnia, Ontario suggest Mushroom-Orange Chop as a small main dish that's big on flavor. "The marmalade in the sauce gives the moist pork chop a tasty tang I really enjoy," she remarks.
- 1 butterfly pork chop (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels, optional
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork chop in oil on both sides. Continue cooking until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°, about 6 minutes. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onions, mushrooms and garlic until tender. Add marmalade and soy sauce; cook and stir until heated through. Pour over chop. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Mushroom-Orange Chop in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p10
Reviews for Mushroom-Orange Chop
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2012
"So delicious and so quick!"