- In a large bowl, combine toasted bread and mushroom mixture. In a
- small bowl, whisk the cream and egg substitute; pour over bread
- mixture and toss to coat.
- Just before baking, loosely stuff turkey with 4 cups stuffing. Place
- remaining stuffing in a greased 8-in. baking dish; refrigerate until
- ready to bake. Skewer turkey openings; tie drumsticks together.
- Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Brush with melted
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the
- stuffing, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Cover loosely
- with foil if turkey browns too quickly.
- Bake additional stuffing, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20
- minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cover turkey and let stand
- for 20 minutes before removing stuffing and carving turkey. If
- desired, thicken pan drippings for gravy. Yield: 14 servings (9 cups
Nutritional Facts: 8 ounces cooked turkey with 2/3 cup stuffing (calculated without melted butter) equals 758 calories, 37 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 281 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 78 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.