Mushroom Lasagna Recipe
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook and stir the mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add the parsley, prosciutto, garlic and Italian seasoning; cook 2 minutes longer. Add wine; cook and stir until liquid is evaporated. Add tomatoes and heat through.
- 2. Spread 1 cup sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, 1-1/3 cups sauce, and a scant 1/4 cup each of mozzarella and Parmesan. Repeat layers twice. In a small bowl, combine the cream, milk and remaining cheeses; spoon over the top.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 230 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Mushroom Lasagna
"Excellent!! This was delicious."
"I used all button mushrooms and it was delicious. Served at a shower along with a regular meat lasagna and the mushroom one was completly gone and people looking for more."
"Our vote was 4 stars everyone thought it was missing something we will try it again but were thinking fresh basil leaves or basil pasta dough. I made it using a regular fresh home made pasta and it came out fine."
"Excellent recipe!! I will use more mushrooms next time but other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. My whole family loved it!"
"This recipe was fairly easy as far as lasagna goes and very, very tasty! I made three minor changes: used half & half instead of heavy cream because I had it, used the "no bake" noodles, and I added Progresso parmesan breadcrumbs over the last layer of cheese. When the baking time was over, I broiled the lasagna for a few minutes to brown the parm breadcrumbs. My family enjoyed the recipe except for my five year old who doesn't like mushrooms (at least not at this age). The leftovers were just as tasty the next day for lunch. I also liked that this recipe was fairly low in calories. I will definitely make this one again! Yum!!!!"
"My family loved this recipe. I did add a little more cheese then the recipe called for."
"Love this recipe! My husband doesnt care for regular lasagna, but ate most of the dish! Will definitely make again."
"A slice of Heaven!"
"I had to make a lasagna for a work potluck I was at a loss because I didnt want the same old thing, I tried this recipe and everyone loved it, My friends and coworkers are on a gluten free kick so i used gluten free lasagna noodles it was excellent"
"Loved this! I used chicken broth instead of wine and it seemed like it took forever for the liquid to evaporate, but it still turned out really good. Next time I would use more parsley and garlic. I also used more cheese and ham than the recipe called for."
"I've made this twice already with home grown portabellas and sliced buttons...I didn't have parsley either time or white wine. Parsley may make it even better, but was fabuous without it. I used chicken broth and a nice splash of merlot (instead of white wine) and I also used the no cook lasagna noodles which made this even simplier. This one's a keeper!"
"My Husband and I both LOVED this... It is so cheesey and the mushrooms are delicious! I will be making this again for sure!"
"I loved this! It was a little complicated to make, but was so worth the effort!!!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.