Mushroom Lamb Chops Recipe
- 6 blade lamb chops (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef consomme, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) button mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, brown the chops in oil; drain. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Add celery, onions and consomme; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove chops and keep warm. Combine flour and water until smooth; gradually stir into skillet and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and parsley; heat through. Serve over chops and noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 339 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 705 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Lamb Chops
"I made this recipe years ago and it was outstanding. I recently looked it up to make it again tomorrow!"
"I have made this recipe for years only I use pork chops instead of lamb and no mushrooms because my family doesn't like them. This is our all-time favorite recipe. My daughter requests it every time she comes home from college."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.