Mushroom Hunter's Sauce Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked extra-wide egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter until tender. Add wine. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and tomato paste until smooth. Add to mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain noodles; serve with mushroom sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 330 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 427mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Hunter's Sauce
"This was very good! Easy as well. I added a cube of beef boullion, a dash of crushed black pepper, and a 1/2 teaspoon more of cornstarch to make it a little thicker. The flavor was amazing, and hubby couldn't get enough!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.