Mushroom Hunter's Sauce Recipe
- 4 cups uncooked extra-wide egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter until tender. Add wine. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and tomato paste until smooth. Add to mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain noodles; serve with mushroom sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 330 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 427mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein .
Reviews for Mushroom Hunter's Sauce
"This was very good! Easy as well. I added a cube of beef boullion, a dash of crushed black pepper, and a 1/2 teaspoon more of cornstarch to make it a little thicker. The flavor was amazing, and hubby couldn't get enough!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.