Mushroom Ham Fettuccine
This entree tastes rich, but at 92 cents a helping, it won't break the bank. "It's one of our favorite pasta dishes and elegant enough for company," says Renee Reyes from Owensboro, Kentucky.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham, cut into strips
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute the ham, mushrooms and garlic in 3 tablespoons
- butter. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions;
- drain. Melt the remaining butter in a large saucepan. Stir in the
- fettuccine, Parmesan cheese, sour cream and pepper. Add the ham
- mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 424 calories, 26 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 618 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.