Mushroom Haddock Loaf
In Sioux City, Iowa, Craig Brown has a creative way to use up cooked fish. He stirs together this savory loaf that tastes much like tuna casserole. "I've made it often for family and friends, and they all enjoy it," he notes.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1-1/2 cups crushed saltines (about 45 crackers)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushrooms soup, undiluted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups flaked cooked haddock
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, soup, eggs, milk, onion, lemon
- juice and pepper sauce; mix well. Add the haddock. Press into a
- greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes
- or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 pound) equals 171 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 604 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.