Mushroom Haddock Loaf Recipe
In Sioux City, Iowa, Craig Brown has a creative way to use up cooked fish. He stirs together this savory loaf that tastes much like tuna casserole. "I've made it often for family and friends, and they all enjoy it," he notes.
- 1-1/2 cups crushed saltines (about 45 crackers)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushrooms soup, undiluted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups flaked cooked haddock
- 1. In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, soup, eggs, milk, onion, lemon juice and pepper sauce; mix well. Add the haddock. Press into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pound: 171 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 604mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Haddock Loaf
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC