In Sioux City, Iowa, Craig Brown has a creative way to use up cooked fish. He stirs together this savory loaf that tastes much like tuna casserole. "I've made it often for family and friends, and they all enjoy it," he notes.
Recommended: Our Best Bacon Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups crushed saltines (about 45 crackers)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushrooms soup, undiluted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups flaked cooked haddock
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, soup, eggs, milk, onion, lemon juice and pepper sauce; mix well. Add the haddock. Press into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Haddock Loaf in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p42