Mushroom Haddock Loaf Recipe
In Sioux City, Iowa, Craig Brown has a creative way to use up cooked fish. He stirs together this savory loaf that tastes much like tuna casserole. "I've made it often for family and friends, and they all enjoy it," he notes.
- 1-1/2 cups crushed saltines (about 45 crackers)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushrooms soup, undiluted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups flaked cooked haddock
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, soup, eggs, milk, onion, lemon juice and pepper sauce; mix well. Add the haddock. Press into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Haddock Loaf in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p42
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mushroom Haddock Loaf(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review