"My husband and I work full-time off the farm, so I'm always looking for quick recipes that don't need much attention," says Janice Miller of Creston, Iowa. "Our three girls really like this beef and gravy combination." You'll like the cost - only 70 cents per patty.
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups milk, divided
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large bowl, combine egg, 1/2 cup milk, cornflakes and onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine soup and remaining milk until blended. Pour over patties. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Beef Patties in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p59
Reviews for Mushroom Ground Beef
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review