Mushroom Green Bean Medley
Dorothy Harris shares a 40-year family favorite from her home in Indianapolis, Indiana. “My kids are grown and gone now, but they still treasure this tangy side dish from their younger days,“ she says. “It’s easy to double for potluck suppers…and everyone asks for the recipe!“
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon
- is crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain,
- reserving 1-2 tablespoons drippings. In the drippings, saute green
- beans and mushrooms until beans are tender and heated through. Stir
- in chili sauce and bacon mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 195 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.