Mushroom Feta Pasta
“This is great 'company's coming' food,” Erika writes from her home in Monroe, Michigan. For added color, she suggests substituting asparagus for half of the mushrooms.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until
- tender. Add the wine or broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil;
- cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until liquid is
- Drain pasta. Stir into mushroom mixture; sprinkle with feta. Toss to
- coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 262 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 467 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a