“This is great 'company's coming' food,” Erika writes from her home in Monroe, Michigan. For added color, she suggests substituting asparagus for half of the mushrooms.
Recommended: 42 Better-for-You Pasta Recipes
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add the wine or broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
- Drain pasta. Stir into mushroom mixture; sprinkle with feta. Toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Feta Pasta in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p25
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mushroom Feta Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 9, 2012
"The flavor combination in this was great"