Mushroom Cubed Steaks Recipe
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 beef cubed steaks (1/4 to 1/3 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet brown steak over medium heat, in 1 tablespoon butter until meat is no long pink. Remove the steaks to a serving platter; spread each with 1/2 teaspoon mustard. Pour 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce over each; keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining butter until tender. Add parsley and remaining Worcestershire sauce. Return steaks to skillet; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 222 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 524 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Cubed Steaks
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.