Mushroom Cubed Steaks Recipe
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 beef cubed steaks (1/4 to 1/3 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet brown steak over medium heat, in 1 tablespoon butter until meat is no long pink. Remove the steaks to a serving platter; spread each with 1/2 teaspoon mustard. Pour 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce over each; keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining butter until tender. Add parsley and remaining Worcestershire sauce. Return steaks to skillet; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 222 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Cubed Steaks
"The secret to tender steaks is to seer them on high heat and cook to medium rare (pinkish inside). Use only fresh mushrooms and cook thoroughly (watch steam disappear for done ness or until they are a dark brown). My secret ingredient is 1/4 cup dry sherry added at the end to the mushrooms and cooked for about 3-4 minutes until alcohol is gone."
"Yum! Inexpensive & easy!"
"The beef steaks never got very tender and my husband isn't very fond of mushrooms."