Mushroom Cubed Steaks Recipe
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 beef cubed steaks (1/4 to 1/3 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet brown steak over medium heat, in 1 tablespoon butter until meat is no long pink. Remove the steaks to a serving platter; spread each with 1/2 teaspoon mustard. Pour 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce over each; keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining butter until tender. Add parsley and remaining Worcestershire sauce. Return steaks to skillet; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mushroom Cubed Steaks(3)
Sort By :
When I saw this recipe I didn't think I would like it since I'm not a fan of mustard. But I was pleasantly surprised with the results. So easy to make. And everyone at dinner gave rave reviews!
The beef steaks never got very tender and my husband isn't very fond of mushrooms.
My family liked the mushrooms and the meat but none of us liked the Dijon mustard...so we will leave it out next time. We sliced the onion instead of chopping it.
More Recipe Collections
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >