Mushroom Crescents Recipe
These tasty appetizers are popular at holiday parties. They can be prepared ahead and reheated.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth; stir in flour. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a skillet or saucepan over medium heat, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Add cream cheese, salt, thyme and pepper; stir until cheese is melted. Cool to room temperature. On a floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 3-in. circles. Combine egg and water; lightly brush edges of circles. Place about 1 teaspoon of filling in center of each circle. Fold over; seal edges. Brush with egg mixture. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 185 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC