- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth; stir in flour. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a skillet or saucepan over medium heat, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Add cream cheese, salt, thyme and pepper; stir until cheese is melted. Cool to room temperature. On a floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 3-in. circles. Combine egg and water; lightly brush edges of circles. Place about 1 teaspoon of filling in center of each circle. Fold over; seal edges. Brush with egg mixture. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Mushroom Crescents
"These are delicious albeit more time consuming than it said. I'm thinking about using store bought crescent rolls the next time as a trial."
"Deliscious! A little time consuming to put together, but worth the outcome. Good flavor, even people who do not like mushrooms liked these!"
"This version of muchroom turnovers is ok but a little bland tasting, it needs some umph, garlic, spices something to liven it up a little."